Campouts and Slumber Parties

4.25.2010

Campouts and slumber parties bring out the kids in us and lets just face it, we all want to act like a kid every now and then...some more than normal. ;)  Hanging out with friends, jumping around on bedding laid down on the floor, and girl talk.  We all know about girl talk.  This is where memories are made and secrets are told; lasting a lifetime, some secrets never told to another soul.  How much fun, bringing back memories of my own girly slumber parties.  And now, as I sit between Miss Bella Bean and Little Kira Belle, I can't help but cherish, and hold tight to these new and fun memories of my little ones in their first slumber parties. 

Now, granted our circumstances are a 'little-out-of-the ordinary' for having our campouts (as Bella insists on calling them and says slumber parties are only for Grandma's house); we're still having a blast.  For those of you that missed the last post, all 3 of our girls (who are all under the age of 3 1/2) were sick, and I mean sick, on Friday evening/Saturday morning...and we're still recovering.  Listening to Bella whine and tell me her tummy still hurts and she needs more medicine, as I type, and wondering if she's *really* still sick or just pulling my leg because she's a three-and-a-half-year-old-that-knows-what-strings-to-pull kind of girl.  Who knows, but now she's counting and totally forgotten about her tummy ache. :) 

So here we lie, as one little is sleeping, the other trying to find her blankie, and myself sitting in between soaking up every drop of these precious moments with my girls; knowing full well that someday, probably sooner than I'm wanting, they won't want to have campouts and slumber parties with Mama anymore and choose their cooler friends over ME.  I know it's coming, but for as long as I can I'm going to push that thought aside and take in every second I have with my girls.  All 3 of them, because we never really know what tomorrow is going to bring.  So I say, take this time, this minute, today and in the present, to actually do what you say you're going to do and not live for tomorrow...live for today! 

Don't forget!!!  GIVEAWAY ends tonight at MIDNIGHT!!!  New weekly special coming tomorrow :)

~ t

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails