I'm baaaaack

8.31.2010

No, I did not fall off the face of this earth.  But we have been soaking in the last hot summer days of August and I have been dreaming of the cool autumn days to come...I can smell it in the air, autumn is upon us.

Proud swimmer after summer swim lessons

Our fearless fish

The ultimate hiding spot in camping-hide-n-seek

Taking Anna to the 'zoo' (on our camping trip)

Daddy's Birthday!!

Pretty proud of her newest boo-boo
 Apple pie. Leaf jumping piles. Pumpkin spice candles. Weekend bonfires. Morning coffee on the patio. Crunchy leaves below your feet. Warm apple cider. Cozy sweatshirts. Cool evening walks. Combines (yes we are in farm country & my girls love their tractors). Hayrides. 4-wheeling.

It's by far my favorite time of the year.  I love everything about it.  There's something about anticipating the change of seasons, even if it is a short lived anticipation - enter December in Minnesota.  But I love it, I am grounded here and spreading my wings to take it all in.

I think it's the mother in me, but as mothers I believe we begin to have a deeper appreciation for the small things in life.  Why fuss about a rainy day when you have to be cooped inside?  Soak it up, breath it in and soon you'll have such an appreciation for the small things in life, you'll be begging for one of those rainy days.  Take it in stride and your rainy day might just be your sunniest day of the week.  So, when I'm stuck in the house this winter with 3 girls...someone remember to remind me of this!  Just kidding, I really can't wait to have some time to snuggle, learn, play and grow as a mother/daughter team with each of my girls this winter.  It's truly a slow season and the perfect time to keep it real and enjoy all the small things that our life here has to offer.  And autumn is just the beginning, entering the deceleration lane before getting off on the ramp to a snowy white winter.


Oooh, the excitement of choosing just the right Halloween costume for the year, which changes daily in this house.  We're going all out this Halloween, and by all out, I mean out of this world crazy awesome.  Here are just a few of my ideas...



Birthday party planning in the works along with the hubby and I's 'Tree Clearing Party'...which basically means we're going to feed and beer anyone that is willing to help us clear dead branches and knock down some super ugly pine trees.  :)

Plus something super exciting coming this Saturday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails