Mommy Brain

5.19.2010

definition: the ability to store an excess of child-related themes in a mother's mind in addition to the previous challenging daily needs

Sums it up pretty well.  But, I would add in a piece about forgetfulness due to the fact that you have so many things going on up there.  Am I right?

I had a great, well several actually, ideas about some rockin posts throughout the day today.  Did I write them down?  No.  I don't like to write them down because when I go back to look at them, the ideas, the flow, the heart of my intentions are gone.  I realized last night while lying in bed, that that is when I should be posting.  The events of the day are running through my head.  Along with my thoughts, the pictures I took, and all the awesomeness of my girls.






We had an awesome day today though, because Wednesday is truly my most cherished day of the week.  I love my girls to the moon and back (a million times!), but on Wednesday morning this Mama gets to give her Mommy Brain a break and work on whatever her heart desires.  Some dear friends of our family, whom are so special to my girls and all of us, graciously take my princesses for the morning and play, create, dance, read, and everything else little girls love to do.



You should see the look on my girls' faces the night before Wednesday morning, when I tell them as I'm tucking them in their beds, that they get to go to D & A's in the morning.  They are so giddy with delight and that brings me SO much joy.  Knowing that my girls are going somewhere they love and that they are so well taken care of, means the world to this Mama.



And what do I get?  I get a small, weekly, 4-hour break from reality where I get to do things that just plain can't get done with 3 little princesses in the house.  It's heaven.  Don't get me wrong, I love each minute that I get to spend with my girls, but I also believe that, as Mamas...especially us Mamas that are able to stay at home with our littles, need some ME time.  Time to refresh, do what we want to do, recieve a great appreciation for our children, and give our Mommy Brain a big 'ol break!  Ahhh, how I love my Wednesday mornings, and those 4 hours help me be a better Mama, wife, daughter, sister and friend.

Take some time for yourself this week...you deserve it!

And don't forget about my giveaway that you can see here...ends Sunday, May 23rd!!


one more for pure amusement...take a look at Daddy's excited face (he really did love playing in the sandbox with them this evening)...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails