Baby, Oh Baby...Lake that is.

10.10.2010

As I sit here typing, watching my dimly lit reflection from the computer screen in the girls' beauty salon...I'm stuck.  Not sure what to write about, but know that deep down inside there are so many words, stories, and things that I want to bring to life in this space.  I still don't know; but what do we really know?

I know that these people are my lifeline (along with several others), but these are my core, my rock solid team, if you will, that we can count on for anything...

Grandma!

Uncle Brooks and Brittney!

Uncle Brady and Courtney!

Grandpa!

I cannot say enough about how much I love my team...my parents, brothers and their ever-adored girlfriends.  They are truly the best and thank you for enduring our family for 6 days in ONE cabin!  And we're actually thinking of doing it again next year...crazy!  I have to say though that we had a blast and up north on labor day weekend, after most of the schools were already in session, we basically had the place all to ourselves.

Wanna see some of our highlights?!  Good, I thought you'd never ask...and better late (by over a month) than never right?!











 Can we say...collision is in the near future?!

 I think they did actually catch a fish...maybe...


 Not a fan of the life jacket...not a fan at all.





 'Big' boy canoe races





 They can seriously talk him in to A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G



 Wilma the HUGE pet muskie






 No nap makes Miss K a tired little chica!


 

 
Not all of my pics need an explanation...
and this, this would be the one that falls into the 'needs explaining' category. 

 Through this rainy covered window is my hubby, the water-filled boats owner, and my dad (he'd be the one on the right, standing in the front of the boat so no water continues pouring over the back of the boat).  Needless to say, this exact thing happened LAST year in the SAME town (different lake)...after both times myself suggesting that maybe they should take the boat out the night before we left, "nope, we might go fishing in the morning".  At least this year fared better than last when the ENTIRE back end of our boat was under the water, involving half a dozen guys bucketing water out of the boat, a tow to the boat landing and a water logged motor.

This here...would be what last year looked like.
 
Ah, the lessons of life...never trust the weather, who knows what God has up his sleeves.  And maybe next time, someone will listen to the wife...third times a charm right?!  Love ya Buddy!
 
I just have to share, totally different subject...you know me...I have huge plans, great ideas and super-uber-duper awesome things in the works for bekima knits and our family...stay tuned!
 
~me
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails